Pick up the Phone
I don't install games on my phone, because I'll play them. Goodness knows I burn enough time on social media. In an effort to offset that time, as well as to try and bless what I have in order to grow, I really try to use my phone as a tool for empowerment. Here are some of my favorite apps:
- Samsara is the meditation timer I use for my daily time in the silence. I try and do seven minutes every day, and this helps keep me focused. It also connects with Apple's built-in Health app, so I can see how much meditation time I've been taking.
- I'm a huge Elevate fan -- I've been using it for years. Whether it's actually making me smarter, or just making me feel smarter, I'm on board.
- I use NeuBible for my daily Scripture work, but I've also found it to be a great tool when I'm working on my talks and classes. I've been through a lot of Bible apps, and this one is my favorite, hands-down.
- Apple's News app comes with the phone, and it's very well done. You can't change the world if you don't know what's going on in it.
- Editorial is my 800-pound gorilla; I use it for everything. Almost every article I write starts there. I love the app all by itself, but its Dropbox connection means I can start an article on my phone, pick it up seamlessly on my computer, and share it with collaborators without breaking a sweat.
You can't really see it in the screenshot, but my phone's wallpaper is the Fillmore's Dedication and Covenant, just to keep me motivated. I see it a million times a day, and I'm always glad it's there.
What keeps you on track? Please let me know what apps and tools are working for you!